Monday, December 9, 2013

Mexican Shepherd's Pie

One of the first recipes I ever made for a boy was a traditional Shepherd's pie.

I remember being in somewhat of a time crunch and was feverishly peeling and dicing potatoes to then continue on to chop, boil, and mash the potatoes before placing the dish in the oven for an even longer amount of time. We sat there and waited patiently while I exercised my conversation skills as it baked.

The point is that it was WAY too much work. If only I would have had made this Mexican Shepherd's Pie instead!

Start out this pie with a crust made out of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls.














INGREDIENTS

(8 oz) can Pillsbury refrigerated Crescent Rolls
lb ground beef
2/3 
cup water
(1 oz) package Old El Paso Original seasoning mix
(16 oz) can Old El Paso refried beans
cup whole sweet kernel corn
1 1/2 
cups shredded Mexican cheese
lettuce, 
tomato, sour cream, salsa for topping

0 comments:

Post a Comment